The summer thunderstorms here in Minnesota seem to be bringing showers of goodness upon Upstream Arts! We’re humbled to announce not just one but FIVE recent honors:
- We’re proud to be partnering with Pillsbury House + Theatre on their “Arts on Chicago” creative placemaking initiative, which just received a grant from ArtPlace America. This exciting project will engage diverse community residents, artists, youth, businesses, arts nonprofits, and others in our neighborhood.
- We have been selected by Arts Midwest to participate in the next cycle of ArtsLab, a fantastic program that strengthens the impact of arts organizations in urban and rural communities through leadership and strategy development.
- The Metropolitan Regional Arts Council (MRAC) has selected Upstream Arts for a Management Consulting Fund Grant, which will provide us with valuable consultation and learning opportunities to help strengthen our administrative practices.
- VSA Minnesota has selected Upstream Arts as one of 11 Twin Cities organizations to receive an Accessibility Grant. This funding will support vital artist trainings and curriculum development, as well as help us integrate new assistive technologies into our programming.
- The Minneapolis Foundation has again awarded us with generous grant support for our work with students in Minneapolis Public Schools‘ Special Education programs.
Enormous thanks to these and all of our other supporters for your inspiring belief and participation in the work that we do! We are grateful beyond words. Check back here often for updates about the many ways your gifts are transforming lives.