Tonight! Together with Bloomington Theatre and Arts Center, we are thrilled to co-present “INTERSECTIONS: Disability and the Arts” from 6:30-8pm in BTAC’s Black Box Theatre. This panel discussion will delve into questions such as, What is our responsibility to the disability community when it comes to the arts? Further, what is our role in supporting their work as artists? Join us as we explore using art as a tool of expression for our diverse community, art vs. art therapy, and inclusion vs. segregation.
- Julie Guidry, Co-Founder and Executive Director of Upstream Arts
- Tena May Gallivan, Teaching Artist, Actor, Dancer, Voice Over Artist
- Meta Thomas, Art Teacher at Lionsgate Academy
- Jon Skaalan, Program Coordinator at VSA Minnesota
- Leslye Orr, Actress and Playwright at Dreamland Arts
The discussion is FREE and open to the public in tandem with the “Upstream” exhibit by photographer Dirk Anschütz, a series of unsentimental portraits featuring adults with disabilities, on view through March 2. Feel free to peruse the exhibit in the Atrium Gallery before or after the panel. Click here for details, including gallery hours. You can also RSVP and invite your friends on Facebook!