In case you haven’t heard, the one and only David K is hosting a stellar golf tournament, grill-out dinner, and “Rock Star After Party” THIS FRIDAY at Deer Run Golf Club in Victoria, Minnesota – all benefitting Upstream Arts! We’re honored to be the beneficiary of this event, sponsored by the Minnesota Vikings, Earthbend Technology Solutions, and Lake Minnetonka Navigator Magazine.
You can catch up on the basics here, but lots of exciting developments have unfolded in recent days…
1. Join us!
Whether or not you like to golf, there’s a ticket waiting with your name on it:
Full Golf Package with Lunch, Dinner, and After Party: $125
18 holes of golf alongside friends and celebrities! Your ticket includes a golf cart, box lunch, swag bag, happy hour kegs (while they last), grill-out dinner, access to the silent auction, Karen Sorbo live auction, plus the “Rock Star After Party” featuring a live music show by The David K Band and The Purple Xperience.
V.I.P. Dinner & After Party (no golf): $100
In addition to the grill-out dinner and Karen Sorbo live auction, you’ll have access to a special V.I.P. Meet & Greet, Autographs/Photos with Dr. Fink & The Purple Xperience, plus Stage Lip Seating for the live music show featuring The David K Band and The Purple Xperience.
Regular Dinner & After Party: $55
Enjoy the grill-out dinner and Karen Sorbo live auction, plus the live music show by The David K Band and The Purple Xperience.
After Party Only: $40
Already have dinner plans? Come over on the late side (7pm or later) to catch the live music show by The David K Band and The Purple Xperience only.
To buy tickets for any of these options, contact David K at 612-998-LAKE(5253) or email [email protected]
2. Raffle it up!
Throughout the day, David K’s team and Upstream Arts volunteers will be selling raffle tickets for some stellar prizes, including:
- NFL balls signed by Vikings Quarterback Teddy Bridgewater & No. 11 pick Trae Waynes
- Vikings Jersey signed by Adrian Peterson
- Minneapolis Institute of Arts coffee table artist books
- Canterbury Downs Racing Package
- Weekend Stay at Superior Shores Resort Lake Superior
Raffle tickets are only $5 each, or five for $20.
3. Bid on silent and live auction items!
In addition to a silent auction that will be running throughout the day (details to be revealed soon), Karen Sorbo will be leading a live auction in the evening for some truly amazing items:
- Taylor Swift Concert Lower Level Seating Tickets with a 3 Night Stay at the Grand Beach Hotel in Miami Beach, FL and Airfare for 2
- Fairmont Chateau Whistler 3 Night Stay With Daily Breakfast a $500 Gift Card for Golf or Skiing and Airfare for 2
- Sommelier Wine and Cheese Experience in Napa Valley, CA with a 3 Night Stay at Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn and Spa and Airfare for 2
- American Music Awards Lodge Seating with a 3 Night Stay at the Loews Hollywood and Airfare for 2
- Country Music Awards Package in Nashville, TN with 3 Night Stay at Loews Vanderbilt and Airfare for 2
- Ultimate Sports Fan Package – Includes your choice of MLB, NBA, NFL, NHL Regular Season Game or PGA Tournament with a 3 Night Hotel Stay and Airfare for 2
You must be present to participate in the auctions. Remember, if you’re not a golfer, no sweat – simply join us for dinner and the after party starting around 6:30pm.
4. Get excited!
Did you know that we’ll be hanging out with some fabulous celebrities all day!? Not only will Upstream Arts Teaching Artist Ryan Hoag, who also happens to be a former Viking Receiver and Bachelorette Contestant, be there – but we also will be joined by former Viking Running Back Ricky Young; Former Gopher, Canadian Football League, Arena Football League Quarterback Rickey Foggie; Former New York Giant & Patriot Robert Kratch; and Miss Minnesota USA 1999 Crystal VanDenBerg! Plus, all golfers will receive swag bags, there will be a bounty of delicious things to eat and drink, prizes will be given out for the best Red, White, and Blue – and PURPLE! – attire, and more.
Here is the tentative schedule for the day:
The 2nd Annual David K Open
Friday, July 3, 2015
11 am: Check in; Pre-Game Olympics for Prizes; Silent Auction Begins
12:50 pm: Load Golf Carts
1 pm: Welcome; Shotgun Start to 18 Hole Golf
5 pm: Happy Hour; Silent Auction continues; V.I.P. Meet & Greet
6:30 pm: Grill-Out Dinner; Silent Auction Ends; Golf Awards Ceremony and Prizes; Live Auction
8 pm: Rock Star After Party featuring The David K Band followed and The Purple Xperience (Prince Cover Band)!
Have we mentioned all this fun is happening in support of Upstream Arts and kicking off our 10th Anniversary Year as an arts organization serving individuals with disabilities at every stage of life? Come celebrate with us!
The 2nd Annual David K Open will happen on Friday, July 3, from 11am to 11pm. To buy tickets, discuss sponsorship opportunities, or for more information, please contact David K at 612-998-LAKE(5253) or Email [email protected]