Upstream Arts Teaching Artists and staff through the years.
Apply now for Operations Associate position
Accepting applications through October 22, 2023
The Operations Associate is a key position in the operations of Upstream Arts, a mid-sized nonprofit that values and leverages creativity in a collaborative work environment. The Operations Associate plays a crucial role in maintaining an effective organizational workflow, utilizing the many systems in place to support the many facets of the day to day activities of the organization, including payroll, human resources, finances and administration.
The Operations Associate contributes to an organizational culture that is passionate, supportive, collaborative, participant and artist centered, and accountable to one another and our community.
- $52,000 – $58,000 Annually depending on experience.
- This is an exempt full time position
- 11 Paid Holidays plus year end office closure
- Paid Time Off (begins at 25 days, increases based on years of service)
- Health Care (Employer pays 65% premium for employee and spouse/dependents plus makes an HSA Contribution equal to employee’s annual deductible)
- Long Term Disability insurance
- Option to opt into 401(k) retirement plan
Associate Executive Director, in collaboration with the Executive Director & Operations Manager
- Upstream Arts staff are currently working in a hybrid environment.
- This position is a blend of, and will include and require both in-person and remote work.
- Upstream Arts’ office is an open (no walls) office environment.
- Working schedule is typically 9am to 5pm M-F
- This is a computer / screen-heavy position.
Upstream Arts adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy in January 2021. All employment with Upstream Arts is conditioned on candidates being fully vaccinated. Individuals with medical issues or religious beliefs, or practices, that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from our vaccine requirement.
- Supports the Associate Executive Director by maintaining organizational financial, administration and human resources systems, alongside the Operations Manager.
- Maintains human resources systems including processing payroll, tracking PTO, retirement and benefits administration, and acts as a liaison to our Teaching Artists on those systems.
- Co-manages financial systems and monthly processes, including preparing monthly receipts and paperwork for the Contract Accountant, preparing and dropping off deposits, processing and paying bills; preparing and issuing invoices; analyzes financial expense data for budget/ forecasting purposes
- Manages invoicing and billing for waivered services community members via the Department of Human Services MNits system and acts as a liaison to Case Managers on billing issues and manages staff DHS background checks.
- Support programmatic goals and work, including participating in artist trainings, one residency per season, and scheduling and staffing.
- Collects documentation and employee information for personnel / human resources records and communications; supports logistics and paperwork involved with the onboarding of new employees; supports other human resources systems and practices
- Assists Associate Executive Director with tracking of grant expenditures and documentation.
- Works with Development staff to ensure alignment between donor database and accounting system.
- Assists with gathering required documentation for annual financial audit.
- Assists with Annual Fundraiser, specifically the financial and logistical aspects.
- Assists with evaluation and demographic data collection and entry
- Other data entry and updates as needed
- Bachelor’s degree or 3+ years of related work experience
- Ability to handle multiple projects
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer proficiency and familiarity with MS Office and Excel
- DHS background check required upon hire
- Ability to manage confidential information according to HIPPA and DHS requirements
- Experience in the nonprofit sector and/or arts sector
- Passion for and / or experience with the arts or disability communities
- Proficiency in FileMaker Pro, QuickBooks, and ADP payroll systems.
About Upstream Arts:
Upstream Arts uses the power of the creative arts to activate and amplify the voice and choice of individuals with disabilities. Learn more at https://www.upstreamarts.org.
Send a cover letter and resume to [email protected] by October 22, 2023
Upstream Arts will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race (including traits associated with race), color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression (including transgender or gender-fluid status), sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, marital status, familial status, service in the military, membership or activities in local commissions, income, public assistance status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law or ordinance.