Administrative and Communications Assistant – Upstream Arts, Inc.
Hourly: 30 hrs/wk, Minimum of 4 days a week in office (must work a full day on Friday)
Wages: $15-18/hour depending on experience
Position Supervisor: Executive Director, Associate Director, and Artistic Director
Upstream Arts uses the power of the creative arts to activate and amplify the voice and choice of individuals with disabilities. Our programs integrate individuals with cognitive, developmental, emotional, behavioral, and physical disabilities into multidisciplinary arts residencies led by local professional artists designed to develop social/emotional and communication skills vital to success in school, work and life. We also use exhibitions, performances, and trainings to equip the larger community with new perspectives and creative tools needed to advance inclusion.
The Administrative and Communications Assistant provides administrative support to the organization and the Leadership team in the areas of operations, development, and programs; and carries out the organization’s external communications.
Supervisor: Executive Director and Associate Director
- Provides general administrative support to the organization and to the Leadership Team
- Supports the Operations Manager in carrying out organizational administration, and in maintaining sound and efficient administrative systems
- Carries out database entry and maintains contact and mailing lists
- Assists in supervising interns on Communications/ Development Projects
- Responsible for inventory, maintenance and ordering of office and mailing supplies
- Coordinates meeting and training scheduling and set up including printing, copying and catering arrangement
Communications / Marketing
Supervisor: Executive Director
- Works with Executive Director to determine organization’s annual communication plan, as well as communications surrounding specific events and initiatives
- Oversees implementation of annual communications plans
- E-Newsletter: Write copy, design and manage dissemination of the newsletter to the e-mail list.
- Annual Report: With the Executive Director, conceive of concept, and act as liaison to graphic designer to design and print; Oversee mailing with fund appeal to mailing list
- Communications, Fundraising and Marketing Emails, as needed
- Social Media: Manage Upstream Arts’ presence on Facebook and Twitter
- Website Content and Update: Develop and upload new copy or updates as needed
- Blog: Write and/or coordinate the writing of Upstream Arts’ blog
- Manage photo/ video documentation of programs and events
- Coordination with Graphic Designer on design of communications pieces
- Performance/ Special Event copy, postcards, invites, communications pieces (digital and hard)
- Design, use design templates or work with a Graphic Designer to create and order business cards, letterhead, performance programs and program flyers, as needed
- Special Projects (website or brand redesign)
- Miscellaneous external communications/ online presence (pulling copy, stories and images for partners orgs, managing online profiles on various platforms)
Development and Fundraising Support
Supervisor: Executive and Associate Director
- Assist with Fund Appeals and mailings
- Donation entry, tracking, processing and acknowledgment
- Individual donor prospecting, relations and support
- Individual donor data tracking/ analysis
- Fundraising and Community Event support, including oversight of reservations and registration, management of design and printing of invitations and programs, implementation of communications plan and activities surrounding specific events, general support.
- Prepares materials and support to the Board for fundraising activities
Supervisor: Artistic Director
- Manage the weekly program logistics.
- PDF and print curriculum, create weekly gear schedule, pack program gear on Friday for following week, work sample downloading and archiving, iPad and iPod synching, upload curriculum and gear schedule to the website on Friday for following week, send out weekly email to Teaching Artists
- Collect and track Teaching Artist availability and assist in staffing coordination
- Management of the Teacher Portal on the website, including the updating of relevant Program and Teaching Artist information
- Evaluating and Coordinating the needs of specific programs on a weekly basis from both a logistical and curricula standpoint
- Manage musical playlists for programs
- Responsible for inventory, maintenance and ordering of program supplies and gear
- Assist with Teaching Artist training hosting, logistics, set up and catering
- B.A. or equivalent degree or experience
- Professional in representing Upstream Arts to its clients, partners and supporters
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to self manage and take initiative
- Ability to independently manage projects
- Ability to work and collaborate as part of a team
- Ability to meet deadlines in a timely fashion
- Basic skills working with Microsoft Office, Excel, databases, website content software Strong project management skills including and attention to details
- 1-3 years of administrative experience
- Experience in the nonprofit sector and/or arts sector
- Passion for and / or experience with the arts or disability communities
- Proficiency in FileMaker Pro, Word Press Adobe InDesign
- Paid Time Off, starting with 64 hours (equivalent of 2 weeks) as outlined in Staff Manual, increased each year based on years of service
- 10 paid holidays (Each holiday = 6 hours equivalent)
- Option to join 401k Retirement plan
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected].
The deadline to apply is May 8, 2017. Interviews will be held May 24, 25, and 27.
Upstream Arts is an EO/AA/ADA employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, disability, color, creed, religion, ancestry, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, age, veteran status, marital status or status with regard to public assistance. People with disabilities, people of color, women, trans*, and gender-queer individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
We often have volunteer opportunities in our office and occasionally in our programs at schools and adult day programs. Volunteers with Upstream Arts gain valuable experience and skills in the fields of nonprofit arts administration and arts education. Please email [email protected] for more information.
Please note that a background check is required for all volunteers working with Upstream Arts.
Thank you for your interest!